The application forms for JMET 2011 are required to be submitted online only. This can be done by logging on to the website: http://web.iitd.ac.in/~gate/jmet/. The application fee for JMET 2011 is Rs. 750/- for all the candidates other than the candidates belonging to the reserved category. For them, the application fee is Rs.350/-. In order to fill the application form online candidates should follow the steps given below:
- In order to fill and submit JMET 2011 application form, the candidates are required to register themselves by clicking on to ONLINE application submission link.
- In order to apply online, the candidates are required to upload their digital images of their photos and signature in .jpg format, which should be less than 150 Kb size. The dimensions of the photographs should be width x height = 4 cm x 5 cm (resolution = 200 dpi) while for Signature image size should be width x height = 5 cm x 1 cm (resolution = 200 dpi). The photo should be clear and identifiable.
- SC/ST/PD candidates are required to upload the PDF file of their respective category certificate. This step is not applicable to candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy layer) category, as their application fee is same as the general category students.
- The next step is fee payment, which is non-refundable. The candidates can pay fee through following two modes: Core Banking and Credit / Debit Cards.
- In case, the online application form will be submitted successfully, then a PDF file of the application will be generated. In case, applicant’s photo or signatures are not clear then the candidates are required to take a printout of the PDF application form, paste a good quality passport size photograph at the appropriate place and sign the application form at the specified place and send the application form along with a self attested copy of the category certificate (if applicable) by speed post to the following address: "The Chairman, GATE, IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi 110016.
- There is no need to send anything by post, if the photograph and signature of the candidate are clear and the category certificate is uploaded correctly. If the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PD categories have not uploaded the respective category certificate, they will be treated as general category candidates.