Combined Defence Services Examination, prominently known as UPSC CDS Exam, is conducted for job seekers seeking employment in any of the defence services of India. The examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). In other words, UPSC CDS Exam is particularly for those who want to serve their nation as defence personnel. Candidates who envisage themselves as a part of Indian defence services will have to appear for the test and qualify with good score. To excel in the examination, the test takers must prepare well for it. Knowledge about the exam pattern of the Combined Defence Services Examination helps a candidate in preparing well and cracks the test with ease. Examination pattern of the UPSC CDS Exam is discussed below.
UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam Pattern
The examination pattern, subjects and scores of the exam differs from one academy to another. A detailed analysis of the same is presented below.
- The question paper for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy and Air Force Academy includes subjects like English, General Knowledge (GK) and Elementary Mathematics.
- Duration for each subject is two hours and each subject carries 100 marks.
- The question paper of Officer' Training Academy (OTA) includes only English and General Knowledge (GK).
- Each subject carries 100 marks and duration would be of two hours individually.
- The questions are of objective type only, in both the cases.
- The question papers of GK and Elementary Mathematics will be bilingual i.e. the question paper will be set up in Hindi as well as in English.
- The question papers include the questions involving the metric system of weights and measures only, wherever necessary.