UPSC IES exam selection procedure consists of a written examination, which is followed by interview. Candidates qualified in the written examination are called for interview. During the interview, candidates are thoroughly examined. Candidates who have qualified both the exam and the interview are then selected for employment in Indian Economic Service. Candidates are first selected for 2 year’s probation period. The employees are made permanent only after they complete the two years of probation period. More precisely, selection is totally based on the written test, personal interview and according to the rules and regulations of Government of India.
The article will give a brief idea of the selection procedure of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Indian Economic Service (IES) exam.
Indian Economic Service Exam Selection Procedure
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts various competitive examinations for recruitment of eligible aspirants. Indian Economic Service (IES) examination is also one of the recruitment examinations conducted by UPSC, to select the most deserving candidates for Indian Economic Service. Selected candidates are offered employment in IES as Grade IV officers. The minimum eligibility for IES examination is post graduate Degree from a recognized university in Economics/ Business Economics/ Applied Economics / Econometrics. Candidates who get selected through IES exam and subsequent interview are offered employment in Tariff Commission, Labor Bureau, the Planning Commission, Central Electricity Authority, Economic Advisers to many ministries, Forward Market Commission, Planning Board, Tariff Commission National sample survey and other allied offices where specialists in Economics are required.
- Indian Economic Service Exam 2011
- Indian Economic Service Exam 2011 Application Form
- Indian Economic Service Exam Books
- Indian Economic Service Exam Dates 2011
- Indian Economic Service Exam Eligibility
- Indian Economic Service Exam Interview
- Indian Economic Service Exam Pattern
- Indian Economic Service Exam Preparation
- Indian Economic Service Exam Question Papers
- Indian Economic Service Exam Syllabus
- Indian Economic Service Interview Questions