Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam is a job entrance exam, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The entrance test takes place once in a year, for recruiting the most deserving candidates as officials in the Indian administrative service. The test is conducted at national level and at various test centers throughout the country. Candidates apply for this entrance exam from various states, every year. Only eligible candidates are supposed to apply for the test. Following are few conditions, according to which, candidates will be considered eligible to appear for Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Exam.
Indian Administrative Services Examination Eligibility Criteria
- A candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The person of Indian origin in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India, is eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on.
- The candidate must hold a degree of any of recognized Indian Universities.
- Candidate, who has appeared for academic exam of Bachelor’s degree, and if the result is awaited, is eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission in examination.