Located in the University Campus, Miranda House College is a residential women’s college and is one of the most prestigious women’s college of Delhi. The college offers undergraduate and post graduate programmes in science and Humanities. The college also offers some add-on career oriented courses on tourism which could be opted by students as sub discipline in their degree programme. Certain other career-oriented short duration courses are also offered, keeping in view the large demand of professionals in the service industry. Miranda House College offers excellent infrastructural facilities for the pursual of academic studies.
Established in 1948, Miranda House College building originally designed by architect Walter George has been declared as the heritage building with several other buildings being added to the original one. With a history of more than fifty years, the college was established by the then vice chancellor, Sir Maurice Gwyer. The foundation stone of the college was laid by Lady Edwina Mountbatten on March 7, in the same year. Miranda House College shares resemblance to many other prominent regal educational institutions of the country.