MCKV Institute of Engineering College in Howrah (West Bengal) conducts undergraduate and postgraduate courses in several fields.

MCKV Institute of Engineering

MCKV Institute of Engineering, located in Howrah (West Bengal), was set up in 1999, by MCKV Trust. The college is one of the leading institutions in the state, imparting high-quality education in the fields of engineering and technology. The institute is recognized by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of West Bengal. It is an All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved institute and is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology.  

Affiliated to: West Bengal University of Technology


The college offers the following undergraduate programme:
B Tech
    Automobile Engineering
    Computer Science & Engineering
    Electronics and Communication Engineering
    Information Technology

Post Graduate:
The college offers the following postgraduate programmes:
M Tech
    M Tech (Electronics & Communication Engg)


The candidate must have passed their Higher Secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized board with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The candidate must have done three years of diploma, to be eligible for admission into the II Year (Third Semester) of B Tech program.

Post Graduate:
M Tech
The candidate must have a BE/B Tech degree in the relevant field, from a recognized university.

Minimum qualification required is a bachelor's degree in any discipline, from a recognized university, with Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
Admission Procedure:

Admission is done through West Bengal Joint Entrance Test (WB JEE) for 95% of the seats and All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) for the rest 5% of seats.

Admission into the II Year (Third semester) of B Tech program is done through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry (JELET) upto a maximum limit of 10% of the approved intake as allotted by the Central Selection Committee following counseling are admitted into the third semester.

Entrance Test: WBJEE, AIEEE Exam, WBJELET

Post Graduate:
Admissions are done through Joint Entrance Examination for Computer Application (JECA), conducted by West Bengal Board of JEE.
  • Boys and Girls Hostel
  • Library
  • Laboratory
  • Extra Curricular Activities
  • Placement Cell

Contact Address:
MCKV Institute of Engineering
243, GT Road, (N),
Howrah - 710 204, West Bengal
Phone: +91-33-654-9315/17
Fax: +91-33-654-9318

move to top