Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) Delhi provides courses in the medical stream at the several levels.


Maulana Azad Medical College

Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) is one of the renowned institutes located in Delhi. The foundation stone of MAMC was laid on October 24, 1959 and the college was declared open on February 26, 1961. Maulana Azad Medical College and associated hospital complex consist of four integral units, namely, Maulana Azad Medical College, Lok Nayak Hospital, Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital and Guru Nanak Eye Centre. MAMC Delhi offers courses in medical specialties at the undergraduate, post graduate, and at the post doctoral levels. All the courses are recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and affiliated to University of Delhi.


Affiliated to: Delhi University

Courses:

Undergraduate:
The college offers the following undergraduate programme:
BDS
MBBS


Post Graduate Diploma:
The college offers the following PG diploma courses:
PG Diploma in Medicine
    PG Diploma (Anesthesia)
    PG Diploma (Child Health)
    PG Diploma (Dermatology)
    PG Diploma (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
    PG Diploma (Orthopedics)
    PG Diploma (Oto-Rhino-Laryngology)
    PG Diploma (Radio Diagnosis)
    PG Diploma (Venereology & Leprosy)


Post Graduate:
The college offers the following postgraduate programmes:
MD
    MD (Anaesthesiology)
    MD (Biochemistry)
    MD (Community Medicine)
    MD (Dermatology, Venerology & Leprosy)
    MD (Forensic Medicine)
    MD (Medicine)
    MD (Microbiology)
    MD (Obstetrics and Gynecology)
    MD (Pathology)
    MD (Pharmacology)
    MD (Physiology)
    MD (Psychiatry)
    MD (Radio-Diagnosis)
    MD (Radiotherapy)
MS
    MS (Anatomy)
    MS (E.N.T)
    MS (General Surgery)
    MS (Ophthalmology)
    MS (Orthopaedics)


Doctorate:
DM
    DM (Cardiology)
    DM (Gastroenterology)
    DM (Neurology)
M. Ch
    M. Ch (Cardio Thoracic Surgery)
    M. Ch (Genito Urinary Surgery)
    M. Ch (Neurosurgery)
    M. Ch (Paediatric Surgery)

Eligibility:

Undergraduate:
Candidate must pass their Higher Secondary (10+2 level) or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the science subjects PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology).

Post Graduate Diploma:
Candidate must have MBBS degree in the relevant field form a recognized university.

Post Graduate:
Candidate must have MBBS degree in the relevant field from a recognized university.
Admission Procedure:

Undergraduate:
Out of the total 180 seats available for the MBBS programme - 97 seats are filled on merit basis through DPMT Entrance Test conducted by Delhi University, 15% of total seats i.e. 27 seats are filled in through the entrance examination conducted by the CBSE on All India basis. Another 15% of total seats i.e. 27 seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7 % i.e.14 seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribes, 9 seats are reserved for son / daughter / widow of armed personnel disabled or killed in action during hostilities and the remaining 6 seats are reserved for Government of India nominees.

BDS - Out of the total 40 seats available for the BDS programme - 24 seats are filled on merit basis through DPMT entrance test conducted by Delhi University, 15% of total seats i.e. 6 seats are filled in through the entrance examination conducted by the CBSE on All India basis and the remaining 15% of total seats i.e. 6 seats are reserved for Scheduled Castes and 7 % i.e. 4 seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribes.

Entrance Test: CBSE PMT, DUMET

Post Graduate:
Out of the total seats available for admission into postgraduate courses - 75% of seats are filled through the PG Entrance Exam conducted by the University of Delhi and the remaining are 25% of seats are filled in through the All India PG Entrance Examination.

Admission to the superspecilaty courses are done on the basis of the entrance test conducted by University of Delhi.
Facilities:
  • Library
  • Boys and Girls Hostel
  • Recreation
  • Internet Facilities
  • Book Bank
  • Guest House
  • Students Counselling 

Contact Address:
Maulana Azad Medical College
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi - 110 002, Delhi
Phone: +91-11-23239271 to 23239280
Email: info@mamc.ac.in
Website: http://www.mamc.ac.in




move to top