EAMCET Exam, also known as Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test is conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University under Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). The common entrance test is conducted for those students, who are seeking their admission into medical or engineering programs at the undergraduate level. The entrance test is conducted for several government and private colleges in Andhra Pradesh.
The examination pattern of Engineering, Agriculture and Medicine Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) has been designed according to the Medical and Engineering streams. The University conducts separate tests for these streams. The general examination pattern for EAMCET is given in the following lines.
- EAMCET is a single stage entrance test.
- The question paper comprises of multiple choice type questions, which carry 160 marks. Each question carries four options and the candidates have to select the right option from them on OMR answer sheets.
- The candidates have to answer all the 160 objective type questions within three hours duration.
- For Medical stream, the questions consist of the following: Physics (40); Chemistry (40) and Biology (Botany and Zoology) (80)
- For the Engineering stream, the question paper consists of the following: Mathematics (80); Physics (40) and Chemistry (40)
- For admission into MBBS/BDS programs, the candidates must have obtained minimum 50% marks (40% for SC/ST) in PCB taken together in both qualifying examination and EAMCET exam.
- The University has set a qualifying percentage of marks in EAMCET exam. For the general category candidates, the qualifying percentage is 25%, that is, minimum 40 marks out of total 160. There are no qualifying percentage criteria for the candidates of Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST), but they have limitation of reserved seats.