Seemanta Engineering College in Mayurbhanj (Orissa) imparts technical education in various disciplines.

Seemanta Engineering College

Seemanta Engineering College is a renowned educational institution in Orissa. The college, located in Mayurbhanj, is a private technical institution, affiliated to Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela. Courses conducted by it have been approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, and Government of Orissa. The college is managed by Seemanta Mahavidyalaya Samiti, which was established in 1978-1979.
Seemanta Engineering Courses offers all the facilities within its campus, which are required for the students to pursue the technical courses. The college provides experienced bunch of lecturers in its faculty, who help the students to accomplish their career goals. In addition to encouraging students to learn both theoretically and practically, the college ensures that they actively participate in extra curricular activities as well.

Affiliated to: Biju Patnaik University of Technology


The college offers the following undergraduate programme:
B Tech
    Civil Engineering
    Computer Science & Engineering
    Electrical Engineering
    Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
    Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
    Information Technology
    Mechanical Engineering

Post Graduate:
The college offers the following postgraduate programme:


For B Tech Programs, candidates must be +2 passed in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Post Graduate:
One should be Graduate with minimum 50% marks and Mathematics / Statistics at 10+2 level.
Admission Procedure:

75% of seats are filled up by JEE-2005 Counseling conducted by Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Rourkela. Remaining 25% are filled up from CET, conducted by Orissa Private Engineering College Association (OPECA). Vacant seats are then filled from rank holders of CET/ JEE/ AIEEE. Diploma holders qualified in JEE (Lateral Entry) can take admission directly in third semester.

Entrance Test: OPECA CET, Orissa JEE

Post Graduate:
For State Quota seats JEE Orissa is the base. Vacant state seats and Management quota seats are filled at college level in order of priority from JEE/AIMCET qualified candidates.

Entrance Test: AIMCET, Orissa JEE
  • Library
  • Workshops
  • Sports
  • Cultural Activity Centre

Contact Address:
Seemanta Engineering College
Mayurvihar, P.O. - Jharpokharia
Mayurbhanj - 757 086, Orissa
Phone: +91-6791-222300, 222304
Fax: +91-6791-222810

move to top