UPSC Geologists' Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year to select deserving aspirants, who desire to get recruited at Geologist Group A posts in Geological Survey of India and Jr. Hydro geologists (Scientist B), Group A and Assistant Hydro geologists Group B posts under Central Ground Water Board. The test is mandatory for all the candidates desirous to pursue career in geology and hydrogeology field in Government sector. In order to appear for Union Public Service Commission Geologists' Exam, which is prominently referred to as UPSC Geologists' Exam, the candidates are required to meet certain eligibility criteria. The selected applicants are appointed on probation period of two years.
The candidates’ performance in the written exam, followed by interview for personality test, forms the basis of their selection. Thus, Interview forms important part of the selection process. It is a two-way communication procedure in which a panel of competent and unbiased interviewers examine candidate’s knowledge on his/her subjects, area of interest, way of conduct, overall personality, leadership skills, initiative and intellectual curiosity and adaptability. Only the candidates who have performed exceptionally well in written exam are called for the final stage of selection i.e. interview for personality test. The knowledge regarding types of questions, interview tips and so on can help candidates to prepare well.
Geologists Entrance Examination Interview Tips
Interview for personality test is among the important stages of selection criteria of UPSC Geologists’ Exam. There is no set pattern or set of questions that will be asked in interview. But still below mentioned tips can help candidates to prepare well for interview.
- Reach the venue of interview at least half an hour before the time given.
- While entering and before leaving the interviewing board greets them properly.
- Complete the required Documents prior appearing for Interview.
- Brush up the knowledge regarding the latest National & International events and latest development in your area of field.
- Identify your weak points, and focus on strengthening them.
- Dress properly for the Interview. Try to wear formal that may include trousers and lining shirts or plain shirt and strictly avoid wearing suit in summer season, Jeans, Tea Shirt, Multi Colored Pants and Shirts during the interview.
- Keep Cool and face the interview board with confidence, show a positive attitude.
- Be specific while answering the questions. Do not give any vague answer. In case, you do not know the answer of question politely tell them you do not know.
- Maintain an eye contact with the interviewer it shows the level of confidence and attentiveness.
- Listen to the complete question first and then start replying. Do not anticipate any question.
- Practice the commonly asked questions in interview.
- Be clear and consistent in your views.