Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) exam is an entrance exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is for the recruitment of railway officials by the central government. Candidates from all over the country apply for this test, which is conducted at various test centers throughout the country. Candidates appearing for final academic exam or if the result of the qualifying exam is awaited, are also considered eligible to apply for the job entrance exam. Candidates get selected on the basis of written exam, followed by personality test. Only those candidates who have qualified in the entrance exam are called for personality test, which is also conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Exam pattern followed for Special Class Railways Apprentices (SCRA) exam is given below.
UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentices Test Paper Pattern
- The written examination carries maximum of 600 marks.
- It consists of 3 objective type papers of 200 marks each.
- Personality test carrying a maximum of 200 marks is meant for only those candidates who are declared qualified in the written examination.
- The papers in all the subjects consists of Objective (multiple choice answers) Type questions only.
- The question paper (Test Booklets) is set in English only.
- SI units can be used wherever required.
- The question paper is approximately of the Intermediate standard.
A merit list is prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the entrance test. According to that merit list, only selected candidates get called for the personality test.