Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Exam is a kind of recruitment exam conducted by the Union Public Services Commission (UPSC). The test takes place once in a year, for recruiting selected candidates as railway officials in the mechanical department of the Indian Railways. The job entrance test is conducted on national level and at various test centers throughout the country. Candidates apply for this entrance exam from various states and at various exam centers, every year. Only eligible candidates are supposed to apply for the test Following are a few of the conditions according to which candidates are considered eligible for Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Exam.
UPSC Special Class Railway Apprentices Examination Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate of Indian origin in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India, is eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have attained the age of minimum 17 years.
- Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC Candidates.
- Candidates must have passed in the first or second division, the Intermediate or an equivalent Examination of a University or Board approved by the Government of India with Mathematics and at least one of the subjects Physics and Chemistry as subjects of the examination.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Special Class Railway Apprentices (SCRA) Examination.