Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is entrusted with the responsibility of conducting UPSC Engineering Services Examination, which is also prominently referred to as UPSC IES Exam. The test is organized to examine the aspirant’s skills, abilities and capabilities in order to be employed at various posts in Engineering Services Sector, under the government of India. These vacant positions are divided into four categories, which are Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. Every year, three-day long UPSC IES Exam is conducted in the month of May or June. The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria can appear for the test through any of the numerous test centers throughout the country allocated by the commission.
UPSC Indian Engineering Services Examination Personality Test Questions
Interview/personality test is one of the prominent stages of final selection criteria of candidates for UPSC Engineering Services Examination. The candidates are required to prepare thoroughly for this stage as well. A fair idea about the types of questions that can be asked in the interview for UPSC IES Examcan help the candidates to prepare well. Some of the prominent interview questions have been listed below:
- Tell me briefly about yourself
- Why are you interested for this post?
- Tell us something about your past experiences
- What are your weak and strong points?
- Why should we hire you?
- Tell me about the most challenging engineering project that you have been involved with.
- Describe a time when you confronted a problem that really tested your engineering know-how.
- What single technical skill or ability is your best asset?
- Describe one of the technical problems you had to solve.
- What do you look for in a job?
- Tell me about a time when a project team effort that you were involved in, failed.
- What is your overall career objective? And where do you see yourself in the next five years?
- Some of the best-engineered ideas are born out of an individual’s ability to challenge, others’ ways of thinking. Tell me about a time when you were successful in doing this.
- Rate yourself on a scale of 10 on the basis of your technology know how.
- You are assigned to work on an important project containing 7 design modules and you are short of time. By the end of the month all you can do is either to have 3 modules accomplished or to have all 7 modules started in parallel but not finished. What strategy will you choose?
- Describe two specific technical contributions you would expect to make during your job term.
- Tell me about your greatest success in using the principles of logic to solve an engineering problem.
- Tell me about a project with team conflict. How did you resolve it and complete the project?
- Name three positive and three negative qualities of yours.