Candidates desirous to pursue their career in the government sector that too in the medical stream will have to appear for an examination called as Combined Medical Services Examination. The test is popularly known as UPSC CMS Exam. The examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for all those aspirants who want to serve the government sector in the medical stream. UPSC CMS Exam is a competitive entrance test, which assesses the test takers’ abilities of becoming a government employee, in the field of medical science. Marks obtained by the candidates in the Combined Medical Services Examination forms the important criteria for their selection. However, final selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of marks obtained by them in the job entrance test, followed by a personality test. Candidates wishing to appear for the test might search for the eligibility conditions required to appear for the test. Eligibility criteria of UPSC CMS Exam are given below.
UPSC CMS Examination Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to appear for the UPSC CMS Exam, also known as Combined Medical Services Examination, must fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or Nepal or Bhutan.
- A candidate who is a Tibetan refugee and came over to India before the January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India is also eligible for the test.
- Candidate must be of below 32 years of age.
- Candidates must have passed the written and practical parts of the final Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) exam.
- Candidate must be fit physically and medically.