Combined Medical Services Examination, popularly known as UPSC CMS Exam, is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). UPSC conducts the examination as it is one of the most important criteria for recruitment as Medical Officer in some of the government organizations. The government organizations include the Railways, Indian Ordnance Factories Health Service, NDMC, Municipal Corporation of Delhi or Central Health Services. Candidates desirous to work as Medical Officers in any if the abovementioned organizations are required to appear for the test and qualify it with good marks. Marks obtained by the candidates in UOSC CMS exam are very essential criteria for becoming a government employee in the medical field. However, final selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of merit obtained in the test followed by interview, which is discussed below in detail.
Candidates who have qualified the Combined Medical Services Examination, popularly known as UPSC CMS Exam, are eligible to proceed for further selection procedure that includes interview for personality test. UPSC CMS Exam judges the test takers' abilities of handling the job responsibilities of Medical Officer in the government sector. On the other hand, UPSC CMS Exam interview for personality test analyzes the candidates' general knowledge and overall personality. The interview is also conducted to check the applicants' ability in the fields of their academic study. In order to check one's aptitude of giving balanced judgments, integrity of character, leadership qualities, alertness of mind etc, UPSC conducts the interview for personality test.
UPSC CMS Exam Interview Tips
- Candidates must reach on or before time at the venue of the interview.
- Candidates must dress in a very conventional and smart manner.
- Do not smoke or chew gum before and during the interview.
- Candidates must be relax and calm themselves before and during the interview.
- Do not show casual attitude during the interview.
- Do not forget to greet persons in the interview Board.
- Be confident but do not show over confidence or unnecessary attitude.
- Prepare some questions about the organization, on general knowledge and about the stream also.
- Do not remain silent or uncommunicative during the interview.
- Do not forget to take the relevant documents along with you to the interview venue.
- At the end of the interview, do thank the interviewers for their time.