In order to select deserving candidates for recruitment at bank clerk post, all the nationalized banks in India conduct their own entry-level bank clerical entrance examination. The test is among the highly competitive job entrance examinations of India. In order to get selected for any of the posts in clerical cadre the candidates have to appear in this exam. Various posts, included in clerical cadre, are Clerk-cum-Godown Keeper, Data Entry Operators, Clerk, Typist (English), Steno (English), Agricultural Clerks, Steno (Hindi), Typist (English and Hindi), Steno (English and Hindi), Clerk-cum-Cashier, and Telephone Operators. Each vacant post in any branch of nationalized bank located across the country is filled on the basis of candidate’s performance in Bank Clerk/Clerical Entrance Exam, followed by interview.
In order to perform exceptionally well in bank clerical exam, candidates require thorough preparation. For preparation, aspirants are required to get acquainted with the knowledge regarding type of questions that can be asked in bank clerical exams. Books, study guides, preparation material, sample questions, previous year paper and other study materials are also required to prepare well. Further, the candidates can explore detailed knowledge regarding books, and study material that can be helpful for them to crack bank clerk exam. Apart from this, strategies and tips that can be useful while preparing for bank clerk exam are also provided. Sample papers also help aspirants to get a fair idea regarding the questions that can be asked in the exam.
How to Prepare for Bank Clerical Exam
In order to appear for such highly competitive recruitment exam, thorough preparation is required. Given below are few preparation tips that can help in cracking bank clerk exam:
- All the basics should be crystal clear. Basics can be thoroughly prepared by comprehensive study of class 10th mathematics formulae.
- Regular practice and attention should be paid to all the sections-Reasoning, Mathematics, English, etc.
- Full-length mock test, comprising of all the sections, should be attempted within the fixed time period.
- Be aware of all the current affairs and current issues related to economics, politics, business etc. For that, read newspapers and magazines regularly.
- Good expressions and grammatically correct sentences should be used while attempting descriptive questions.
- Most important handwriting should be legible while attempting descriptive section.
- Be aware of the latest examination pattern of bank clerk exam.
- Attempt General Awareness/ Marketing aptitude /Computer awareness section first, as it will take less time.
- Try to complete all the sections within 20-25 minutes, so that the last 5-10 minutes are left for revision.
- Practice regularly as it is the only key to success.
- Hard work, acting in a systematic way and time management helps to crack the exam efficiently.