Candidates are required to appear for bank clerical/clerk exam in order to be employed in any of the nationalized banks for various clerical cadre posts that include Clerk-cum-Godown Keeper, Data Entry Operators, Clerk, Typist (English), Steno (English), Agricultural Clerks, Steno (Hindi), Typist (English and Hindi), Steno (English and Hindi), Clerk-cum-Cashier, and Telephone Operators. The entry-level exam is mandatory to get recruited in any nationalized bank of India for any vacant position at clerical cadre level. Final selection of the candidate is based on his/her performance in Bank Clerk Exam, followed by interview. Thus, interview forms important criterion for selection.
Interview is a two-way communication process in which candidate’s behavior, knowledge regarding current national and international events, socio-economic, political awareness etc, way of conduct and the overall personality is being judged. It is often the last stage of selection criteria. Depending upon the number of vacancies, only certain numbers of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit are called for interview. In order to successfully crack interview, the candidates should be well aware about the type of questions that can be asked in the interview for bank clerical posts. Besides, the knowledge regarding the types of questions, the candidates should also be familiar about the tips that can be helpful for cracking interview for Bank Clerk Exam.
Bank Clerical Exam Interview Tips
Interview forms important part of selection procedure. In order to clear the interview one needs to prepare thoroughly. Although there is not a set pattern as what would be asked in the interview. But still one can prepare keeping in mind the nature of the job. Below mentioned tips can help candidates to attempt interview in much proficient manner.
- The candidates are required to brush up their knowledge and get updated about the latest national and international events.
- They need to identify their weak areas, and focus on strengthening them.
- Complete and take along with you all the required documents while appearing for Interview.
- The candidate should reach the interview venue at least half an hour before the time given.
- Try to dress up in formals instead of wearing jeans, t-shirt, multi colored pants and shirts. Putting on suit in summer season should be strictly avoided.
- The candidates can opt for wearing trousers and lining shirts or plain shirt suiting the complexion, at the time of interview.
- The candidates should greet the interviewers and ask for permission before entering the room.
- The candidates are advised not to take their seats unless they are asked to do so, by the interviewers.
- Keep cool and face the interviewers with confidence
- Show a positive attitude.
- Be specific while answering the questions. In case, you do not know the answer of question, politely tell them that you do not know.
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewer, because it shows the level of confidence and attentiveness.
- Do not anticipate the question and start replying before the interviewer puts his/her question to you.
- Before leaving the interviewing Board, greet all the interviewers with a smile and thank them.