Institute of Home Economics, a constituent part of Delhi University (New Delhi), is known for its academic excellence, in the courses it offers.


Institute of Home Economics

Institute of Home Economics Delhiwas established in the 1961. At the beginning, it was chiefly functioning as a Home Science college, popular among the women. At present, the institute offers B.Sc Honours, M.Sc, PG diploma, and research programmes. Apart from these, some certificate courses are offered and they can be pursued with any of the regular academic course of any level. Research programmes conducted in this college meet international standards.
 
Institute of Home Economics Delhi was founded in 1961, by Dr. (Mrs.) S. Malhan. It came under the recognition of the University of Delhi in the year 1969. The college was moved to its present building at Hauz Khas Enclave in 2001, where it enjoys the serene environment, suited to pursue undisturbed quality education. Institute of Home Economics covers an area of 3.5-acres. The well qualified and
experienced faculty of the college is always active in research programmes, participating national and international conferences, seminars and workshops. The Institute of Home Economics Delhi has an All India Charter, catering to students from various countries of Asia and Africa.

Affiliated to: Delhi University

Courses:

Undergraduate:

The college offers following courses:

B Sc
    B Sc (General) Home Science
B Sc (Hons)
    B Sc (Hons) Bio-Chemistry
    B Sc (Hons) Home Science
    B Sc (Hons) Microbiology
B.El.Ed


Post Graduate Diploma:

The college offers following course:


Post Graduate:

The college offers following courses:

M Sc
    M Sc (Home Science)


Doctorate:

The college offers the following programme:

Ph.D

Eligibility:

Undergraduate:
B.Sc. Honours Home Science/ Microbiology/ Bio-Chemistry

A candidate who has obtained at least 50% in aggregate at 10+2 level with Science, from any of the following Boards or equivalent exams-

Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi.
Council of Indian School Examination, New Delhi.
Intermediate, Pre-Medical Examination
General Certificate of Education, Examination of U.K as prescribed by the University of Delhi.


B.El.Ed.

A twelfth pass candidate of the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other Board recognized as equivalent to the CBSE with at least 50% marks in some prescribed subjects by the university. The minimum age should be 17, at the time of admission.


B.Sc. (Gen.) Home Science
A candidate must have attained at least 40% I n aggregate, at 10+2 level in the combinations of subjects prescribed by the university.

Post Graduate Diploma:
A candidate, who has completed his B.Sc. (Hons) Home Science/ B.Sc. (General) Home Science (10+2+3 pattern of education) examination of the University of Delhi or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto, is eligible.

Post Graduate:
Food and Nutrition

Candidates should have done B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science with specialization in Food and Nutrition, with 55% marks in aggregate.

Fabric and Apparel Science

Candidates should have done B.Sc. (Hons.) Home Science with specialization in Fabric and Apparel Science, with 55% mark in aggregate.

Doctorate:
M.Phil. Degree of Delhi University or any other university established by law or any other degree recognized as equivalent thereto, in the subject of choice or in a subject allied thereto with at least 50% marks or an equivalent grading.
Admission Procedure:

Undergraduate:
Admission in all the undergraduate Honours courses is done on the basis of merit of the previous exams.

B.El.Ed.

Admission is made through a Common Entrance Examination (CEE - B.El.Ed.) comprising of a Written Test and an Interview (Conducted by Central Institute of Education, University of Delhi).

B.Sc. (Gen.) Home Science
Admissions will be made strictly in order of merit on the basis of aggregate marks of previous exam.

Post Graduate:
For 35 % of seats there will not be any written test, but these candidates will have to go through a screening test. Remaining 65% of seats are given admission through a written test.

Post Graduate Diploma:
Merit based admission is taken in Dietetics and Public Health Nutrition course.

Doctorate:
College teachers of any recognized university, with 55% in Masterís Degree and having worked for a minimum of three years in a permanent position,
may be registered for Ph.D. directly on recommendation of the Departmental Research Committee.
Facilities:
  • Library
  • Laboratories
  • Photocopy Station
  • Students Common Room
  • The Bookshop
  • Conference Room
  • College Automation
  • Computer Lab
  • Audio Studio
  • Nursery School
  • College Café

Contact Address:
Institute of Home Economics
F-4 Hauz Khas Enclave,
New Delhi - 110 016, Delhi
Phone: +91-11-26532402
Fax: +91-11-26510616
Email: queries@ihedu.com
Website: http://www.ihe-du.co.in




move to top