Hooghly Engineering & Technology College, in West Bengal, conducts a range of undergraduate level courses in various branches of engineering.


Hooghly Engineering & Technology College

Hooghly Engineering & Technology College, located in Hooghly (West Bengal), imparts quality technical education in various branches of engineering. The college is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology. To conduct the courses, the college has gained the approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi. Hooghly Engineering & Technology College is managed by Hooghly Engineering & Technology College Society, an organization engaged in the promotion of technical education amongst the students. Hooghly Engineering & Technology College boasts of having experienced teachers in its faculty.

Affiliated to: West Bengal University of Technology

Courses:

Undergraduate:
The college offers the following undergraduate programme:
B Tech
    Civil Engineering
    Computer Science & Engineering
    Electrical Engineering
    Electronics and Communication Engineering

Eligibility:

Undergraduate:
Minimum qualification required is a pass in Higher Secondary or equivalent examination from science stream from a recognized university. For lateral entry into the II Year (Third Semester) of the B Tech program, the candidate must be a diploma holder in Engineering/Technology.
Admission Procedure:

Undergraduate:
As much as 90% of the total number of seats is filled through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WB JEE) score, while candidates for the remaining 10% seats are selected on the basis of their performance in All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). For Lateral Entry candidates admission to the II year of B Tech program, candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in JEELAT, conducted by the Central Selection Committee (CSC). For lateral entry, admissions are done strictly on the basis of the norms laid down by the Government of West Bengal.

Entrance Test: WBJEE, AIEEE Exam
Facilities:
  • Library
  • Laboratory
  • Boys and Girls Hostel
  • Extra Curricular Activities
  • Training and Placement Cell

Contact Address:
Hooghly Engineering & Technology College
Vivekananda Road, Pipulpati,
Hooghly - 712 103, West Bengal
Phone: +91--26810505/4121/5702/1
Fax: +91--26803026
Email: hetc@rediffmail.com
Website: http://www.hetc.ac.in




move to top