Heritage Institute of Technology in Kolkata, West Bengal, is a premier institute offering quality technical education in various disciplines.

Heritage Institute of Technology

Heritage Institute of Technology, located in Kolkata (West Bengal), was established by Kalyan Bharti Trust in 2001. The college is considered one of the leading engineering colleges in eastern part of India. It is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology and has gained the approval of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal. Currently, Heritage Institute of Technology offers quality technical education at the undergraduate as well as postgraduate levels.


The college offers the following undergraduate programme:
  • B Tech
        Biotechnology Engineering
        Chemical Engineering
        Computer Science & Engineering
        Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
        Electronics and Communication Engineering
        Information Technology

    Post Graduate:
    The college offers the following postgraduate programmes:
  • M Tech
         M Tech (Applied Instrumentation)
        M Tech (Biotechnology)
         M Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)

  • MBA
  • MCA


    The candidates must have passed their Higher Secondary (10+2) of the Council of Higher Secondary Education, West Bengal, or any equivalent examination of recognized Board/University.

    For admission to II Year B Tech program, the candidates should have done diploma in Engineering/Technology or BSc degree.

    Post Graduate:
    M Tech
    Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering: The candidates must have a BE /B Tech degree in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation or Instrumentation & Automation or Instrumentation & Control or Electronics & Communication or Electrical Engineering or equivalent, from a recognized university.

    Computer Science & Engineering: Applicants need a BE./BTech degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Technology or Information Technology or Electronics & Communication Engineering, or equivalent or MCA or MSc in Computer Science / Information Technology, from a recognized university.

    Biotechnology: Students require a B Tech. in Biotechnology or Chemical Engineering or Biochemical Engineering / Technology or Chemical Technology (Food / Pharma) or equivalent, from a recognized university.

    The candidates must have a BE/B Tech or a Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized university, with Mathematics as one of the subjects at degree level.

    The applicants must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline or in any professional course (Engineering, Medical, LLB (5 years), etc), from a recognized university. Candidates must also have a minimum of 60% marks in 10+2 level, and 55% marks in aggregate in graduate level for the full time program. In case of the part time program, the candidates must be employed in a full-time executive/supervisory level job with a minimum of two years' work experience after graduation at the time of admission.
    Admission Procedure:

    Admission is done on the basis of candidate's performance in West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WB JEE), for 90% of the seats. Remaining 10% seats are filled on the basis of All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) score. There is also the provision of filling 10% of WBJEE seats through Management Quota. 15% of supernumerary seats are also available under Foreign Nationals / PIO / Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries category.

    Entrance Test: WBJEE, AIEEE Exam

    Post Graduate:
    M Tech
    Admission is done on the basis of the candidates score in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).

    Admission is done on the basis of candidate's performance in the Joint Entrance for Computer Application (JECA).

    Admission into full time program is done through Common Admission Test (CAT) or West Bengal Joint Management Aptitude Test (WBJEMAT) followed by a group discussion and interview. In case of the part time program, admission is done on the basis of the candidates score in the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) or West Bengal Joint Management Aptitude Test (WBJEMAT).

    Entrance Test: MAT Exam, West Bengal JECA, CAT Exam, GATE Exam
    • Library
    • Laboratory
    • Boys and Girls Hostel
    • Health Care Unit
    • Extra Curricular Activities

  • Contact Address:
    Heritage Institute of Technology
    Chowbaga Road, Anandapur,
    P O East Kolkata Township
    Kolkata - 700 107, West Bengal
    Phone: +91-33-24430454/56/57
    Fax: +91-33-24430455
    Email: admin@heritageit.edu
    Website: http://www.heritageit.edu

    move to top