Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, which is recognized by UGC, conducts an entrance test - Vellore Institute of Technology Master’s Entrance Exam (VITMEE). The entrance test is conducted by the institute for the admission of the candidates in Master’s level programmes of technology and computer applications field (M. Tech and MCA). The all-India level entrance test is conducted at various test centers all over India.
The examination pattern for Vellore Institute of Technology Master’s Entrance Exam (VITMEE) is given in following lines.
- The all-India level entrance test consists of multiple- choice type questions. Each question carries four alternatives and the students have to find the right one.
- The question paper contains 110 questions, with a maximum of 100 words.
- There is no provision of negative marking for wrong answers in this competitive entrance test.
- The questions in the exam are based on these subjects - Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering & Information Technology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Life Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Pharmacy, Physics, Mathematics, Research Aptitude & Quantitative Ability, Geology and Geophysics and MCA.
- The student can choose anyone of these subjects according to the specialization at the graduation level and mentioned in the application form.
The candidates, who have successfully passed VITMEE Entrance Exam, have to appear for an interview conducted by the Institute. The final selection is decided purely on the basis of candidates’ marks in entrance test and interview.