Uttar Pradesh Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination (UPPGMEE) is a competitive state level entrance test conducted for admission into postgraduate level medical and dental programmes and its various branches. The test is conducted on rotational basis by different universities of Uttar Pradesh. Students seeking their admission to medical programmes, have to qualify the competitive entrance test. Selected candidates get enrolled in several colleges of Uttar Pradesh, provided they also score well in the subsequent counseling, which is conducted, after merit list of the candidates qualifying the examination is prepared.
UPPGMEE Examination Pattern:
The examination pattern of UPPGMEE is as follows:
- Duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- The examination is conducted in English medium only.
- The examination shall consist of one paper of 200 questions of multiple choices.
- Each question shall carry 4 marks each.
- Negative marking scheme is there for the entrance exam. One mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer. Zero (0) mark will be awarded for no response. Indicating more than one choice for any question shall be considered as incorrect response, except where questions have two correct responses.
After qualifying exam, selected candidates have to appear for central counseling for enrollment and allotment of colleges.