Punjab State Board of Technical Education Joint Entrance Test (PSBTE JET) is a competitive state level entrance test conducted for the admission in diploma level engineering programmes and its various branches. The test is conducted on by the Punjab State Board of Technical Education and Industrial Training (PSBTE & IT). Candidates, who are seeking their admission to engineering programme, have to qualify the competitive entrance test. Selected candidates can get enrolled in several engineering colleges, which accept JET percentile. Merit list is prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in entrance exams. Counseling is conducted followed by the written test for allotment of colleges.
PSBTE JET Examination Pattern:
The examination pattern of PSBTE JET is as follows:
- It is an objective type test paper
- It consists of multiple choice questions followed by four options each in which only one option is right.
- Each question carries 4 marks each and every correct answer gain 4 marks.
- One mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Zero (0) mark will be awarded for no response.
- Negative marking is done in this test.
After qualifying exam, on the basis of merit list of the selected candidates have to appear in counseling for enrollment and further procedure of admission in engineering courses of diploma level.