National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) conducts every year an entrance test - Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). The all - India level entrance test is conducted for admission in undergraduate course in hotel management, that is, Bachelor of Science (B.Sc). All the affiliated institutes of the council admits students on the basis of JEE exam. The test is conducted at various test centers across the country.
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology conducts JEE entrance test to prepare students in the field of hospitality. As a result, the questions in the exam are purposefully prepared to examine students’ skill in the field. The examination pattern of NCHMCT – JEE is given in the following lines.
- NCHMCT – JEE is a written test in which the candidates have to answer all the questions within three hours duration.
- The question paper is divided into five parts:
Reasoning and Logical Deduction
Numerical Ability and Scientific Aptitude
Service and Hospitality Aptitude
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
- Each part of the question paper carries 30 marks.
- There is a provision of negative marking in the exam.
- All the questions and the instructions are both in English and Hindi medium, in which the students have to choose one medium according to their convenience.
After the entrance test, merit list is prepared at the all India basis. The merit list is determined by the performances of the candidates in the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). The final selection of the candidates is decided on that merit list.