Common entrance test-Maharashtra (MHT-CET) is conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, and Director, Medical Education and Research, Mumbai, Government of Maharashtra, for the candidates, who desire to seek admission in all Health sciences, Pharmacy, Technology and Engineering programs offered at undergraduate level in government/government aided and few unaided private colleges across the state of Maharashtra.
Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) is usually held in month of May. The entrance examination is divided into the following three papers and its duration is one and half hours.
- Paper I consists of Physics and Chemistry
- Paper II consists of Biology (Botany & Zoology)
- Paper III consists of only Mathematics
- The candidates, who aspire to study Health Science and BVSc & AH courses, should appear in Paper I & Paper II. The applicants desirous of selection to engineering degree courses needs to appear in Paper I and Paper III and the candidates, who desire to seek admission in Pharmacy degree course should appear in Paper I & Paper-II and/or Paper-III.
- Each paper of entrance examination comprises maximum of 100 marks. Further, each section (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology) of a paper consists of 50 marks. All the questions are of objective type with multiple options to be answered in an OMR answer sheet. More than one answer indicated against a question will be considered as wrong. However, there is no negative marking for wrong answers.