Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) conducts Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), every year on all-India basis for admission into undergraduate program in engineering, pharmacy, designing and architecture. The scores of the test are accepted by IIT Mumbai, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Chennai, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharakpur, IIT Delhi, along with IT Varanasi and ISM Dhanbad.
- Indian Institute of Technology- Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) is a single-stage examination divided into two papers. Each paper is of three hours and consists of three separate sections, comprising of questions from Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- The questions in both the paper will be of objective type. There is negative marking for each wrong answer. More than one answer marked against a question will be considered as wrong answer and qualifies for negative marking. The candidates are required to mark the correct option on a specially designed machine-gradable sheet (ORS – Optical Response Sheet). The entrance examination is conducted in numerous centres through out the country.
- For B.Arch. and B. Des courses, the candidates are required to appear in a separate Aptitude Test conducted by each institute at the time of counseling.
- The entrance examination will be conducted in both English and Hindi medium.
Points to Consider
- The candidates are required to choose option while filling the application form itself.
- Answer in ORS – Optical Response Sheet has to be marked only by using dark hard black (HB) pencils.