The students seeking their admission in an undergraduate level programme in the field of pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy) have to appear for Online Entrance Test (OLET). This online entrance examination is conducted by Haryana State Counseling Society, Panchkula. It conducts the entrance test for admission in various institutes, including both government and private, in the state of Haryana.
OLET entrance test is considered as one of the important entrance exams for the four-year full time UG programme of pharmacy. Therefore, the students, who want to appear in this competitive entrance test, should know the examination pattern before appearing for it.
- The OLET entrance test consists of multiple-choice type questions, in which, the students have to answer the right option out of given four.
- There are 90 questions in the entrance test which carry 90 marks.
- The questions are asked within three parts, that is
- Part one – Physics
- Part two – Chemistry
- Part three – Biology (Botany & Zoology) / Mathematics
- All the questions are expected to be answered by the candidates within 90 minutes duration.
- There is no negative marking in OLET entrance exam.
After successfully passing the OLET entrance exam, the candidates are required to appear for online counseling which is conducted at the allotted test center. The final admission of the candidates depends upon the ranks obtained by the candidates in entrance test and counseling.