CBSE PMT Exam, which is also known as All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT), is conducted for 15% government quota seats in various medical and dental colleges in India. The entrance test is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi, for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Sciences (BDS) programs, within the guidelines of the Government of India.
The CBSE PMT Exam or All India Pre Medical Test is being conducted at two stages - Preliminary Examination and Final Examination. The examination patterns of the both the stages are given below.
- The question paper consists of 200 multiple choice type questions. The candidates have to click the right answer only by using Ball Point Pen on specially designed machine-gradable sheet.
- The questions are based on the science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology). The Physics and Chemistry part of the question paper comprise 50 questions each while Biology (Botany & Zoology) part consists of 100 questions.
- The candidates are expected to answer all the questions within three hours duration.
Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the Final Examination, who have cleared the Preliminary Examination of CBSE PMT. The pattern of final exam is as follows:
- The examination consists of two papers and both the papers are of objective types:
- Paper one - Physics and Chemistry
- Paper two - Biology / Botany / Zoology
- Students have to answer all the questions on machine-gradable sheet with using Ball Point Pen only.
- The students have to complete each paper within two hours.