BITS Admission Test, which is popularly known as BITSAT Exam, is conducted for those students, who are seeking admission in professional courses in the field of engineering and medical sciences. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), a deemed University, conducts BITSAT Exam every year in its campuses located in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
The examination format of BITSAT Exam is given in the following lines.
- BITSAT is a single stage on-line entrance test, which is expected to be answered by the candidates within three hours, which is the duration of the program.
- The question paper consists of multiple choice type questions. Each question carrying four options from which students have to choose the right one.
The question paper consists of 150 questions, which are divided into four parts:
- Physics (40 questions)
- Chemistry (40 questions)
- Mathematics (45 questions)
- English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning (25 questions)
- The candidates have to answer all the questions on computers at their choice of test centers the day and time of their convenience, at different cities across the country.
- There is a condition of negative marking in the admission test.
- All the instructions and questions in the entrance test are only in English medium.