AIIMS Entrance Exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. The entrance test is conducted for those aspiring students, who want to pursue the institute’s undergraduate course in medical science - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). It is a five-and-a-half-year course.
AIIMS Entrance Exam, which is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences at the all India level, is considered as one of the toughest entrance exams in India. The question paper of the entrance exam is designed to test the candidate’s academic and general knowledge. The examination pattern of AIIMS Entrance exam is as follows:
- AIIMS Entrance Exam is a single stage examination.
- The question paper consists of 200 objective and reason assertive type questions, which carry 1 mark each. Each question has four choices and the candidate has to choose the right option from them.
- The candidates have to answer all the questions within three and a half hours, which is the duration of the paper.
- The medium of the question paper is either English or Hindi, which the candidates have to choose from before attempting the entrance test. The choice of the medium cannot be changed after that.
- The question paper is divided into four parts:
- Physics (60)
- Chemistry (60)
- Biology (60)
- General knowledge (20)
- There is a provision of negative marking, that is, the candidate is awarded with one mark for each correct answer but one-third mark is deducted for each wrong answer.