AIEEE stands for All India Engineering Entrance Examination. The test is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), on all-India basis for the candidates, who desire to seek admission in undergraduate Engineering and Architecture/Planning programs. The entrance examination was the vision of Program of Action (PoA), 1992 under the National Policy on Education (NPE), 1986.
All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) comprises of two papers. Given below is information on the examination pattern of AIEEE.
- The first paper is designed for the students, who desire to pursue B. Tech/B.E program.
- The second paper is designed for admission into B. Architecture and B. Planning program.
- The paper I is fragmented into three sections- Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Each section includes multiple choice objective questions of equal weight age.
- The paper II tests the aspirants under three sections as follows- Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing. Part I & Part II of the second paper consist of objective questions while third part will test the drawing ability of the aspirants.
- The Entrance Examination is conducted in English as well as in Hindi medium. The applicant is required to choose the medium while filling the form itself. Negative marking is there for every wrong answer and more than one answer marked for a question. One fourth (1/4) of the total marks fixed for the question would be deducted. Each paper of a single-stage examination will be of three hours of duration.
Points to consider
- Under any circumstances re-examination or re-scheduling of the examination would not be done.
- The candidates are required to bring their admit card along with them.
- The answers have to be marked only by using ball point pen of black or blue ink.