In order to seek admission in Government, Government Aided and Private Professional Colleges (self-financing colleges) in the state of Tamil Nadu for B.E./B. Tech., B.Arch., MBBS, BDS, B. Pharm, BSMS, BHMS, BPT, B.Sc Nursing, B.Sc Agriculture/ Forestry, Bachelor of Veterinary Sc/ Fisheries Sc programs, Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu conducts Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination (TNPCEE).
Tamil Nadu Professional Courses Entrance Examination (TNPCEE) is a state-level entrance examination one has to follow the eligibility criteria given in the following lines.
- The candidates have to pass 10+2 or equivalent qualifying examination from a recognized Board.
- The applicants, who are appearing in the qualifying examination in the same year of entrance examination or are waiting for result, are also eligible.
- The candidates, who desires to seek admission in MBBS / BDS / B. Pharm / BSMS / BHMS / BPT / B. Sc Nursing/ B. Sc (Agriculture)/B. Sc (Forestry) / B. Veterinary Sc/ B. Fisheries Sc programs should have secured 60% marks in Biology or Botany and Zoology taken together and 60% in Physics and Chemistry taken together and aggregate of 140/200 in all the above subjects taken together.
- For admission into B.E. and B. Tech programs, the candidates must have secured 60% marks in Mathematics and 60% in Physics and Chemistry taken together and aggregate of 140/200 in all the above subjects taken together.
- Relaxation is there for SC/ST/ MBC/DT and Backward Class candidates.
- The applicants are required to meet domicile requirements of the state as laid down by the respective Admitting Authorities for admission to their Professional programs.
- Other State candidates are restricted for admission into some of the Professional Courses under TNPCEE.
- The upper age limit for the candidate is 21 years as on 1st July of the year of admission. Relaxation of three year is there for SC/ST candidates.