National Institute of Fashion Technology, popularly referred to as NIFT, conducts entrance examination every year for the candidates, who desire to seek admission in undergraduate Accessory Designing, Fashion Communication, Fashion Designing, Knitwear Designing, Leather Designing, Textile Designing and Apparel Production along with postgraduate Design, Fashion Management, and Fashion Technology program.
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance examination is considered as the most competitive entrance examination of its field. In order to appear in the entrance examination, the candidates are required to follow the below listed eligibility criteria-
B. Des (Fashion Design / Leather Design / Accessory Design / Textile Design / Knitwear Design / Fashion Communication) program
- The candidate should have successfully passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with minimum of five subjects from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination or National Open School or Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized as equivalent thereto by the Association of Indian Universities. Or
- The candidate should possess 3 or 4-years of diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education. Or
- The applicants should have passed General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- The maximum age of the candidate is restricted to 23 years as on 1st November of the year of admission.
B. F Tech (Apparel Production)
- The candidate must have passed physics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level from any recognized Central or State Board of Secondary Examination or National Open School or Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized as equivalent thereto by the Association of Indian Universities. Or
- The candidate should have passed General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subject of study. Or
- The candidate should possess 3 or 4-years of diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
- The candidate should not be more than 23 years of age as on 1st November of the year of admission.
M. Des (Master of Design)
- The applicants, who possess any of the following bachelor’s degree - Applied Arts (Fashion Design / Visual Communication / Graphic Design / Industrial Design / Interior Design / Multimedia Design / Product Design / Textiles & Accessories or B.A. (Fine Arts) or B.Sc. (Textiles & Clothing) or B. Arch. are eligible. Or
- The candidates should have Design Diploma / Degree from NIFT / NID only. Or
- The applicants possessing any Graduation degree from a recognized University in any discipline can apply but they have to undergo a compulsory 2 months (i.e. 8 weeks) training program to develop the desired skills before taking on the course to study.
- Preference will be given to the candidates having relevant industry experience in areas of Fashion / Textile / Communication Design.
M.F.M. (Master of Fashion Management)
- The candidates having a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline recognized by Association of Indian Universities are eligible.
- The candidates with NIFT Diploma in Accessory / Fashion Design / FIT can also apply.
- Proper certification is required to be produced by the candidates, who possess foreign Bachelor’s Degree, not recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
M. F Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology)
- The candidate’s having B.E. / B. Tech Degree in following disciplines Textiles / Apparel / Mechanical / Industrial / Production / Electronics /Computer / Information Technology, are eligible.