NEST Entrance Exam, which is also known as National Entrance Screening Test, is conducted by the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, for the admission into five-year Master of Science (M.Sc) integrated course. The department conducts the entrance test for National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai.
- The candidates must not be above 25 years of age at the time of applying for the entrance test. For the candidates of SC/ST/PD categories, there is a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.
- The candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination or its equivalent under 10+2 examination pattern, from any recognized state/national Board.
- The qualifying examination must have passed by the candidates with a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate, from any recognized Board.
- The candidates, who are from reserved categories such as Scheduled Castes (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST), should have passed qualifying examination with not less than 55% marks in aggregate.
- The candidates, who are appearing in the final year of qualifying examination, are also eligible to apply for the course.