Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra, conducts a single combined common entrance test (MHT-CET) for admission into Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Occupational Therapy, Unani, Physiotherapy, Audiology and Speech Language Pathology, Nursing, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, Pharmacy, Technology and Engineering programs, at undergraduate level. The entrance examination is a pre-requisite condition to seek admission in government/government aided and few unaided private colleges located in the state of Maharashtra.
The marks obtained by the candidates in Maharashtra- Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) determine their selection. In order to appear in the entrance examination, one has to follow the eligibility criteria listed below.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. In order to seek admission in Ayurveda and Unani courses, the candidate should have attained the minimum age of 17 Years as on 1st October of the Year of admission.
- The upper age limit for the candidates is fixed as 25 Years as on 31st December of the Year of admission. However, relaxation of five years is there for SC/ST candidates.
- The candidate can attempt MHT-CET for three times only.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination in science stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics) from an institution situated in the state of Maharashtra. For engineering program, the candidates should have studied Mathematics as a subject of study at 10+2 level.
- For admission into MBBS, BAMS, BDS, and BSc. Nursing, the candidates are required to obtain minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English put together at HSC (or equivalent) examination. Exemption of 10% is there for SC/ST candidates.
- For admission into MBBS & BDS Courses, the candidates should have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Biology put together at Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET).
- For BUMS program, the candidates are required to pass senior secondary examination with Urdu as a subject of study.
- The candidates, who have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination outside Maharashtra, are eligible, provided they fulfill the Domicile criteria.