Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala, is delegated with the responsibility of conducting Kerala Common Entrance Examination (Kerala CEE) for admission into MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, B. Arch and Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Fisheries, Forestry, Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry, and Bachelor of Technology in Agricultural Engineering / Dairy Sc. & Tech. program, offered by several colleges and universities located in Kerala.
The merit of Kerala CEE determines the selection of the candidates. In order to appear in entrance examination one has to follow eligibility criteria listed below.
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with securing minimum 50% marks in Biology separately, and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
- For MBBS/BDS courses, the candidates are required to secure 50% aggregate marks in the Medical Entrance Examination as well.
- The candidates seeking admission to BVSc. & AH course under the Kerala Agricultural University should have passed the qualifying examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together.
- The candidates, who possess BSc. Degree with one of the main subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Bio-Chemistry and any one or two of these subjects as subsidiaries, with 50% marks for Main and Subsidiaries taken together provided they have passed the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects of study, are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted for MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BSMS Courses.
- The candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala or equivalent with 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Bio-technology/Computer Science/Biology put together, are eligible.
- The candidates having three-year Diploma in Engineering awarded by the Board of Technical Examinations, Kerala or equivalent, with 50% marks in the final Diploma examination, are also eligible.
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics as a subject of study with 50% marks in aggregate. Or
- The applicant should have passed 10+3 Diploma (any stream) recognized by Central/State Governments with 50% aggregate marks. Or
- The candidates, who have passed International Baccalaureate Diploma, after 10 years of schooling, with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and with Mathematics as compulsory subject of examination, are also eligible.
- The candidates are required to score 40% aggregate marks in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture).
For All the Courses
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying examination is allowed to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) candidates.
- SC/ST candidates need only a pass in the qualifying examination except for MBBS/BDS courses, for that the candidates are required to secure 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who have appeared/are appearing for qualifying examinations are also eligible to take the Entrance. But, such candidates have to prove their academic eligibility at the time of admission.
- The applicants should be of 17 years of age at the time of admission.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.