Every year, Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), conducts Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) for admission into Medical / Dental / Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Ayurveda / Unani / Homeopathy / Naturopathy and Yoga programs offered at undergraduate level in various Colleges / Universities / Institutes of the state of Karnataka.
Karnataka Common Entrance Test (CET) is among the most competitive test of the state. In order to appear in the entrance examination, one has to follow the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidates should have passed Karnataka 2 PUC / 12 std. or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as subjects of study.
- The candidates applying for Medical and Dental programs should have secured at least 50% of marks in total in the PCB group both in qualifying examinations and common entrance test.
- For Ayurveda / Homoeopathy / Unani / Naturopathy & Yoga programs, the candidates are required to obtain not less than 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination only.
- Relaxation of 10% is there in minimum eligibility criteria for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes.
- The applicant should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission.
Engineering / Technology
- The candidates, who have passed Karnataka 2 PUC / 12 Std. or equivalent examination with Physics, English and Mathematics along with any one of the following Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Computer Science /Electronics / Biology as optional subjects of study and obtained a minimum of 45% of marks in aggregate including the optional subject, are eligible.
- In case of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes candidates the minimum marks required to seek admission is 40%.
- The candidates, who are appearing in the qualifying examination and are waiting for their results can also apply.
- The candidates should have passed Karnataka 2 PUC / 10+2 or equivalent examinations with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and obtained a minimum of 50% of marks in aggregate in all the subjects of study (45% of marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes).
- The candidates are required to appear in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) and must get a minimum of 40% marks in it.