Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU) conducts Planning and Architecture Common Entrance Test every year for admission into five-year Bachelor’s of Architecture program, four-year Bachelor’s of Planning and six-year Part Time Degree Course in B.Arch. and other related courses. The scores secured by the candidates in the entrance examination determine their selection.
JNTU PACET (Planning and Architecture Common Entrance Test) is among the most competitive entrance examinations of its field in the state. In order to appear in the entrance examination, one has to meet the below listed eligibility criteria.
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- He/she should be a native of Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidate should be at least 16 years of age as on the date of commencement of admission as announced by PACET committee.
- The candidates are required to pass 10+2 examination conducted by Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh or any other examination recognized as equivalent to it, with at least 50% marks in total.
- The candidates, who have passed three years of diploma (10+3) in Engineering / Architecture conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh or any other examination recognized by the Board with minimum 50% marks in aggregate, are also eligible.
- In order to seek admission in 5 year B. Arch program the candidates should have to study Mathematics and English as a subject.
- The candidates appearing in the final examination or those results are pending can also apply.