IIT JEE stands for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination. The test is conducted on all-India basis by IITs in rotation in order to admit the candidates in B. Tech and other programs offered in their institutes across the country along with IT BHU Varanasi and ISM Dhanbad.
IIT-JEE entrance examination opens the door for the aspirants to seek admission into Bachelor’s level courses in the field of engineering and architecture. The minimum eligibility criteria for the aspirants to appear in entrance examination are as follows:
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination conducted by recognized Central/State Board in science stream. Those, who have passed 10+2 from National Open School with not less than five subjects of study, are also eligible. Or
- The applicants should have passed 3 or 4-year Diploma program recognized by AICTE or any State Board of Technical Education.
- The candidates belonging to General/OBC category must have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in their qualifying examinations, while for SC/ST/Physically Disabled candidates the minimum percentile is 55%.
- The age of the applicant should be between 16-24 years as on the first day of October of the year of examination. Relaxation of 5 years is there in upper age limit for Schedule cast (SC), schedule tribe (ST) and physically handicapped (PH) candidates.
- The candidates, who qualify Screening Test of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), are qualified to appear in the Main Examination.
- The candidates should not have earlier accepted admission by paying full fees at any of the institutes coming under the purview of IIT-JEE.