Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination conducted jointly by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board - GATE, Ministry of Human Resources Development. The test is conducted for the admission to various postgraduate programs in Engineering/Technology/Science/Pharmacy/Architecture, offered by several institutes/universities.
Candidates, who want to appear in GATE Exam, must fulfill the required eligibility criteria, which are as follows:
- The candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2).
- The candidates, who are in the final or pre-final year of their B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch./B.Pharm, can also apply.
- The candidates having Master's Degree in Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programs can also apply GATE.
- The candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year Integrated Master's degree program (Post-B. Sc.) in Engineering/Technology are also eligible for GATE.
- The candidates in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree program and Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology also can apply.
- The candidates with qualifications equivalent to B.E./B.Tech degree given by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE are also eligible.