Under the aegis of the Health & Medical Education Department (Haryana), Maharishi Dayanand University (Rohtak) conducts an entrance test named Haryana Pre Medical Test (PMT). The University conducts the entrance test for admission to MBBS/ BDS and BAMS courses that are offered by Government and Government Aided Medical /Dental/ Ayurvedic Colleges affiliated to it.
The University admits only those students, who complete all the eligibility requirements for Haryana Pre Medical Test (PMT). To appear in the entrance test, any bonafide resident of the state of Haryana has to satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
- The candidates should not be more than 17 years of age.
- The candidates must have passed in Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education, Haryana or any examination recognized Board.
- The candidates must have secured not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together and must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in qualifying examination.
The candidates need to have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) of Board of School Education, Haryana or any examination recognized Board.
- The qualifying examination must be passed by the candidates with 50% marks in aggregate English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology and at least 33% marks in each subject.
- The candidates, who are not residing in Haryana, may also apply for admission to BAMS Course under 15 % quota of seats.