Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), which is a deemed University, conducts BITS Admission Test (BITSAT) every year for admission to courses in various branches of engineering and medical sciences, at the UG as well as PG level. The institute conducts the admission test at its campuses located in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
Birla Institute of Technology and Science has regularized several eligibility criteria for those candidates, who are applying to appear in the admission test. The eligibility criteria are given below.
- Candidates must have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Board or its equivalent with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 80% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together in qualifying examination and at least 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The first rank students having Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2 system / its equivalent from all central and state boards are directly selected irrespective of their BITSAT score.
- The students, who are appearing in 12th examination in the current year or who have passed in previous year only, are eligible to appear in BITSAT exam.
- The students, who have passed 12th examination year before previous year or earlier, are not eligible to apply.
- The students, who are presently studying at any of the BITS campuses, are not eligible to appear in BITSAT.