Birla Institute of Technology M.Sc Entrance Test (BIT MET) is a competitive entrance test conducted at national level. It is conducted by Birla Institutes of Technology & Science (BITs) to enroll most deserving candidates in postgraduate level program (M.SC) and its various branches. Candidates get enrolled on the basis of their percentile in this test. Merit list would be prepared on the basis of student’s performance in entrance examination, which determines their selection for admission.
Eligibility for BIT MET
A candidate applying for entrance test for seeking admission to PG level course i.e. Master in Science (M.Sc) must fulfill the eligibility criteria given below.
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the University.
- The degree must entail a minimum of three years of education (10+2+3 system) after completing higher secondary schooling (Class 12 or equivalent).
- The candidates must have secured at least 55% in qualifying exam in relevant stream.
- 45% for SC/ST candidates is acceptable.
- The candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme can also apply, provided they have obtained 55% marks or equivalent in their latest grades.