Education Common Entrance Test, popularly known as Andhra Ed CET, is conducted for admission into Bachelor of Education (B Ed) regular programme in various colleges of education in Andhra Pradesh. It is conducted under the guidance of Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). Andhra Ed CET is conducted by various universities of Andhra Pradesh on rotational basis.
Eligibility for Andhra Ed CET
Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE) has set-up various eligibility criteria for the admission seekers. The eligibility criteria for Andhra Ed CET are given in following lines.
- Candidate must have passed Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (B Sc)/Bachelor of Commerce (B Com)/Bachelor of Science (B Sc) Home Science/Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)/Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) examination from any university in Andhra Pradesh or any other recognized university outside Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates appearing for final degree examinations for the respective year are also eligible to appear in the entrance test.
- Candidates must have obtained atleast 50% marks either in Bachelor's degree i.e. BA/B sc/B Com/B Sc (Home Science)/BCA/BBM or in Master's degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto.
- Candidates from other reserved categories must have secured minimum 40% marks in the qualifying examination.
- Candidate must have completed 19 years of age at the time of entrance test.
- Candidates are required to obtain atleast 37 marks out of total marks (i.e. 25%) to qualify the entrance test.
- There will be no qualifying marks for ranking for SC/ST candidates.