There are two types of eligibility criteria for AIME membership: One for the Technician Membership and other one for the Senior Technician Membership.
Eligibility for Technician Membership
- Directly candidates can become technician members if they have minimum qualification of a pass in any of the following qualifying examination:
- 10+2/intermediate science examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Science with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- First year examination of the 5 year integrated engineering degree program or pre or pre-professional examination in engineering.
- Final examination of 10 + 2 +3 system with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics conducted by any state board/ other boards/ universities after 10 years of formal school education.
- Any equivalent examination of the above said qualifying exam.
- For all these candidates a pass in English is mandatory and aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics should be at least 45%.
Eligibility for Senior Technician Membership
To be selected as senior technician members or to be transferred from technician to senior technician members, candidates must fulfill the following eligibility conditions.
- Candidates must have attained the minimum age of 18 years at the time of applying.
- Candidate should be an engineer by profession working under a corporate member or a person qualified to be elected as a corporate member. The candidate should also be striving to acquire the qualifications for corporate membership.
- The candidates should have passed a diploma examination in engineering or technology/ its equivalent / an examination recognized by the council as exempting from passing 'Section: A' of the institution of engineers examination in the non-diploma stream.