AIIMS Entrance exam is conducted for admission into undergraduate medical program - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), a five-and-a-half-year course. The entrance test is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. It conducts the all-India level entrance exam in various centers situated all over the country.
The aspirants, who want to pursue MBBS program of the institute, have to appear in AIIMS Entrance Exam. At first, they have to fulfill all these eligibility requirements for the entrance test given below.
- The candidates, who are above 17 years of age, are eligible to apply to appear in the exam.
- The candidates need to have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent, with science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology – from any recognized state/national Board. The student should have studied English as one of the main subjects.
- The candidates must have obtained not less than 60% marks in aggregate in Chemistry, Biology, English and Physics.
- The candidates, who belong to reserved categories such as Schedule Castes / Schedule Tribes / Physically Handicapped, have to pass the examination with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in science subjects.
- The candidates waiting for results or appearing in final year examination may also apply to appear in the entrance test. However, at the time of the admission, they must show all the required certificates or documents of having passed the qualifying examination.